Five Marketing Insights
Five Helpful Marketing Insights for Australian Companies
In a recent edition of Marketing Magazine, I came across some interesting insights in a recent poll of a range of Australian companies. I hope you find these as interesting as I did.
Which social media is your brand currently active on?
- Facebook – 27%
- Twitter – 20%
- Linkded In – 18%
- YouTube – 15%
- Google Plus – 5%
- Instagram – 4%
- Foursquare – 2%
- Yelp – 1%
- Myspace – 1%
- Vine – 1%
- Other – 2 %
- Other included Vimeo, Tumblr, Blogger, None
I was surprised, I thought more companies were utilising Facebook opportunities. A break down of B2B vs B2C would’ve been enlightening.
How have your company’s marketing/sales functions changed in the last five years?
- Become more aligned – 58%
- Become less aligned – 23%
- Merged completely – 5%
- Have always operated hand in hand – 3%
- No change – 10%
- Other answers – there’s a tad of mutual respect emerging
I believe marketers now have to be very multi talented in terms of being tech savvy, able to sell/negotiate, digitally aware and hands on. The role has, and will continue to change/evolve in the next five years.
What works better in advertising?
- Realism – 54%
- Idealised situations/people – 29%
- Other – 17%
- Other answers included, emotion, truth, clear messages, kittens
I would like to add integrity, empathy, comic relief – but this clearly depends on the target market and the product/service being marketed.
How much of our organisation’s marketing budget goes toward tech systems such as CRM, marketing automation, insights engines?
- Zero to Five Percent – 13%
- Six to Ten Percent – 13%
- Eleven to Fifteen Percent – 20%
- Sixteen to Twenty Percent – 27%
- Twenty-one to Forty Percent – 13%
- Forty-one to Sixty Percent – 7%
- More than sixty Percent – 13%
The percentages will definitely increase over the next five years, double even as we rely more and more on analytics and ‘Big Data’.
Does your company have a presence in China?
- No – 40%
- Yes, established – 37%
- Yes, newly or in the process – 20%
- Not yet, but scoping – 3%
I wonder what the stats would have been if the question was ‘Asia’ and not just ‘China’. Again, this will grow exponentially, especially with the NBN.
Blog and tagged Hall of Fame Marketing Bendigo, Online Marketing Bendigo, Social Media Marketing